Go from zero to implementing IoT in two months!
Tech for Good is an initiative by Sustainable Living Lab (SL2) to implement technology relating to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. For the first time, SL2 is opening up the opportunity to members of the public not only to learn about a technology, but to apply it as a real world project overseas. This particular series is focused on the Internet of Things (IoT) and the project will be deployed at the Raitong Organics Farm in Thailand.
- Participants are at least 18 years of age
- Coding experience helpful but not required
- Able to commit to three full-day Saturdays in June and a few days at around end of July for the overseas trip
- 16 June 2018 (Saturday, 8 hours) – Workshop #1 of 3: IoT basics
- 23 June 2018 (Saturday, 8 hours) – Workshop #2 of 3: IoT field deployment
- 30 June 2018 (Saturday, 8 hours) – Workshop #3 of 3: IoT data management
- End Jul (dates TBC) – trip to Raitong Organics Farm, Thailand
- 3 x IoT workshops (24 hrs of training) – Worth $1500
- Advanced IoT kit – Worth $300
- 4 Days Accommodation, Meals & Transport – Worth $850
- 1 Day Basic Farming Course – Worth $200