After listening to all of you at the Singapore Mini Maker Faire and Heritage Kampung, we’re excited to announce our ‘Kampung Maker Course’ for Families! Designed for family pairs, our 3-hour hands-on course is an introduction to woodworking with a focus on the 3 life values of craftsmanship: discipline, respect and work ethic.
Where? SL Kampung @ Bottle Tree Park (near Khatib MRT)
How Much? $79 per family pair
What can my child and I expect?
You’ll learn to make a family heirloom clockhouse together with your loved one – with guidance from our Makers at the Kampung. And… yes, you get to bring your beautiful creation back home
- Experience, in a unique kampung environment, the three craftsmanship values of Discipline, Respect and Work Ethic.
- Gain confidence in handling wood working tools such as a hacksaw, coping saw, wood chisel, hammer, files, sandpaper and a smoothing plane under the close supervision of experienced instructors.
- Learn how to make straight cuts, curve cuts and chisel a slot in wood.
- Learn basic wood joinery – butt joint, mitre joint and lap joint – and the correct application of adhesives such as contact glue and PVA wood glue.
- Build a clock house as a family heirloom.
- Price is for each family pair (2 persons) inclusive of materials, tools rental and personal accident insurance.
Any discount if I enrol early? Enrol by 31 Aug at www.pasargora.net for Early Bird Discount. Our courses often fill up fast – so don’t delay!
See you at our first Kampung Maker Course with your loved one!